Put 25 years of CEO marketing and strategy expertise on your team!
Tim O’Connor and his associates can help you:
- Build your brand and connect it with consumers
- Identify the drivers of long-term value creation
- Analytical review of your current situation and product mix
- Strategy, marketing and product insights and recommendations
- Merger, acquisition and partnership consultation
- Position your products in high potential white spaces
- Develop unique and customized communications that break through
- Retail & shopper marketing initiatives that connect with consumers
- Deep bench of talented associates to draw upon by project
Tim’s consulting expertise in strategy and marketing has been developed from a convergence of learnings and insights acquired throughout his 25 years of innovative leadership as the CEO of three industry marketing groups; beef, potatoes and avocados. He develops strategy and marketing programs for clients based on understanding their business environment and a detailed analysis of retail and consumer research, to identify the opportunities with the greatest upside potential to connect their brands and products with consumers and identify the drivers of long-term value creation. He delivers customized communications strategies that break through to propel product sales, identifies unmet needs and positions new products, or repositions current products, in high-potential white space to gain traction, and advises and assists clients in strategic partnership, merger and acquisition deals to enhance their business.
Tim exceeds client expectations by looking beyond the limitations of the traditional fresh food marketing playbook and designing a strategic, innovative new game plan grounded in consumer and retail insights. Prior to starting his consulting group, Tim was selected as the initial CEO of Avocados From Mexico. Before being recruited by AFM, he served as President and CEO of the United States Potato Board for 14 years, providing strategic leadership to the USPB’s award winning marketing programs. Prior to being recruited by the USPB, he was Executive Vice President/CEO of the Illinois Beef Association for 12 years, where he was part of the teams that launched the Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner® campaign and opened the Japanese market for US beef exports. O’Connor’s experience includes advertising, public relations, branding, international marketing, category management, new product development, packaging, issues management, and consumer research.